Appalucie Fiber Arts

Monday, March 27, 2006

Frost Flowers, Finally Finished!

It's finally done! I started it in January, so it took about 10 weeks. I skipped the final pattern repeat, and thank goodness I did because it blocked at 66 inches, which is taller than me, and I didn't block it particularly hard. I will definitely have to wear it folded in a rectangle. For this shawl I used 7.8 ounces of Jaggerspun Zephyr yarn in Curry, with size 4 needles. Tomorrow I hope to get a nice portrait of her, unblocked.

(Frost Flowers and Leaves Shawl, designed by Eugene Beugler, in A Gathering of Lace).

4 Comments:

  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger Kat said…

    WOW!! It's gorgeous! You did a fabulous job, an the color is scrumptious. Beautiful!!!

     
  • At 3:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lucie. It's really hard to tell from those pics how huge it is. Do you think it was your yarn choice that made the difference in the size possibly? The color is subtle for you too, Grin. Very very pretty. So what's next on the horizon for you?

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gorgeous!

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, Lucie, that is just GORGEOUS.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home