Appalucie Fiber Arts

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Shetland Tea Shawl

Completed 3/26/05. This shawl, which took me about six weeks to knit, was knitted from Jaggerspun Zephyr yarn (I think the color is Elderberry, but it was not marked on the cone), using size 3 needles. The pattern is "Shetland Tea Shawl", designed by Dale Long, in A Gathering of Lace. If you are interested in knitting this, you should know that for the hardcover edition of the book, there are errata. I have heard that later editions of the book corrected the errors. In my first edition, the diamond madeira chart looks drastically different in the errata, so if you can't see a difference, you probably have a corrected edition and can skip the errata.

Click on the image to see the larger version.







9 Comments:

  • At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my heavens how beautiful. I would love to make something this beautiful. It would take me a life-time though. You do such beautiful work.

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just Beautiful! This may go on my "to do" list. It will look stunning on you with your pretty hair color. Breathtaking!!

    Sincerely,
    Martha Frey
    Knitted-lace list

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lucie:

    What wonderful work. It is a real pleasure to see other knitters doing pieces I have designed.

    Good Knitting,

    Dale
    long6341@bellsouth.net

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awesome shawl... looks like you put a lot of care and effort into it and it really paid off. It looks wonderful and makes me want to consider trying it out sometime...

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All of your stuff is fantastic! I bow at your feet! ANd that purple creation is to DIE for!

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! What a gorgeous shawl. You did a great job!

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This shawl is beautiful. It's on my to-do list, and seeing yours is very inspiring!!

     
  • At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    breath taking!

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am in the process of making this shawl too and seeing yours completed gives me hope now. It really is an exceptional pattern. Thanks for sharing your beautiful knitting with us!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home