Appalucie Fiber Arts

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Work in Progress: Springtime Shawl

Here's my current project -- Marianne Kinzel's Springtime tea cloth, knitted as a shawl. I'm using Jaggerspun Zephyr (again), this time in Marine Blue, on size 3 needles. I'm sort of making it up as I go. After three repeats of the leaves, I took it off the needles to get an idea of the size. Here it is, before and after pinning out.



The size after pinning out was 19 inches. I could probably have stretched it to 20 inches with no problem; plus, I am pretty sure I could have stretched it significantly more if it had been wet. Since I have never made a square shawl, I am not sure how big I want it to be. Those of you who have made square shawls, I'd love your input on the size issue. I don't think I will use the edging that Kinzel uses, but will replace it instead with a small lace border worked around the edge.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lucie! Make me a shawl!!!
    Absolutely gorgeous!
    Julie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home