Appalucie Fiber Arts

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Violets by the River

My latest. I wanted to finish this before July, but my yarn didn't arrive until the middle of that month. I finished it a few weeks ago and just finally got around to blocking it. The pattern, Violets by the River, is by Hazel Carter and is available at Blackberry Ridge Farms. It was much easier than my last several projects, so it was kind of a vacation. The yarn is Lorna's Laces Helen's Lace in Sherbet; and I used size 5 needles. Because the stockinette edges tend to roll, I finished the shawl by spraying it lightly with starch.






4 Comments:

  • At 1:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lucie it's lovely! Esther and I just bought this pattern and I can see one of these in my future!

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OH MY GOSH!! Becky and I this morning have been contemplating this exact pattern for our next shawl!! Yours is gorgeous~

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is just beautiful. Congratulations.

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love it! And since pink is my favorite color, I love it that much more!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home