Appalucie Fiber Arts

Saturday, September 30, 2006

State Fair Results

The results are in!




Winner: Lucie Melahn City/State: Arlington, VA
Place: 2nd Department: Arts & Crafts
Competition: Knitting - Shawl/Stole/Poncho


Winner: Lucie Melahn City/State: Arlington, VA
Place: 3rd Department: Arts & Crafts
Competition: Lace - Expert - Knitted and Crocheted lace

You can see my Apple Blossom edging and my Frost Flowers shawl by scrolling down this page.

I was a little disappointed not to repeat my best in show, but the winning shawl was beautiful and well deserving of the win. My third place in the Expert Lace competition was a great surprise, since I cranked out the Apple Blossom edging at the last minute.

Next year, I'm determined to take both categories. The game is on. :)

And of course, the real reason I go every year ... deep fried Oreos. Don't lie, you know you want them.

8 Comments:

  • At 5:43 AM, Blogger Jenny Raye said…

    Congrats Lucie!

    I chickened out on entering my Sampler Shawl which did so well at the county fair. But now I will have to compete at the expert level in lace next year, if I remember your requirements for that correctly. I don't stand a chance against your lace, but it'll be fun to try :o)

    Again my congratulations!!!!

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations!!! Your shawl is gorgeous! I have to say I've never heard of deep fried oreos! Holy crap!

     
  • At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lucie you did fantastic girl. Most people still aspire to just entering, and you always win. Congrats! Both the shawl and the lace are beautiful.

    And I have to say even though I've never heard of deep fried oreos they sound intriguing!

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lucie, congratulations!!! I can't imagine what the winning entries were like - your knitting is spectacular!

    Congrats again and I can't wait to see what you'll work on for next year's competition.

    Best wishes.

     
  • At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats! And deep fried oreos?! I've never seen those. They sound DELICIOUS.

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wonderful Lucie. You inspired me when you finished Frost Flowers a while back, I'm now halfway through mine in Cinnamon Zephyr. Congratulations.

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on your ribbons!!! Your lace is gorgeous and you deserve them.

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Miriam said…

    CONGRATS! I am going to give you a run for your money next year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home