Appalucie Fiber Arts

Saturday, September 30, 2006

State Fair Results

The results are in!




Winner: Lucie Melahn City/State: Arlington, VA
Place: 2nd Department: Arts & Crafts
Competition: Knitting - Shawl/Stole/Poncho


Winner: Lucie Melahn City/State: Arlington, VA
Place: 3rd Department: Arts & Crafts
Competition: Lace - Expert - Knitted and Crocheted lace

You can see my Apple Blossom edging and my Frost Flowers shawl by scrolling down this page.

I was a little disappointed not to repeat my best in show, but the winning shawl was beautiful and well deserving of the win. My third place in the Expert Lace competition was a great surprise, since I cranked out the Apple Blossom edging at the last minute.

Next year, I'm determined to take both categories. The game is on. :)

And of course, the real reason I go every year ... deep fried Oreos. Don't lie, you know you want them.

9 Comments:

  • At 5:43 AM, Blogger JennyRaye said…

    Congrats Lucie!

    I chickened out on entering my Sampler Shawl which did so well at the county fair. But now I will have to compete at the expert level in lace next year, if I remember your requirements for that correctly. I don't stand a chance against your lace, but it'll be fun to try :o)

    Again my congratulations!!!!

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Esther said…

    Congratulations!!! Your shawl is gorgeous! I have to say I've never heard of deep fried oreos! Holy crap!

     
  • At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Beck in FL said…

    Lucie you did fantastic girl. Most people still aspire to just entering, and you always win. Congrats! Both the shawl and the lace are beautiful.

    And I have to say even though I've never heard of deep fried oreos they sound intriguing!

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Aida Costa said…

    Lucie, congratulations!!! I can't imagine what the winning entries were like - your knitting is spectacular!

    Congrats again and I can't wait to see what you'll work on for next year's competition.

    Best wishes.

     
  • At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Cookie said…

    Congrats! And deep fried oreos?! I've never seen those. They sound DELICIOUS.

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Anonymous kimmen said…

    Wonderful Lucie. You inspired me when you finished Frost Flowers a while back, I'm now halfway through mine in Cinnamon Zephyr. Congratulations.

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger jacqueline said…

    Congratulations Lucie! That is wonderful.

    There is no doubt in my mind that you will take out first prize once again next year. Did you take a photo of the winning shawl by chance....any shawl that beats you must be truely amazing and I would love to see it. Also I saw on another blog a lady entered Heirloom Knitting Wedding Ring Shawl in a fair and won! A really amazing piece of lace - but not one that i think i could get my head around

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Melissa said…

    Congrats on your ribbons!!! Your lace is gorgeous and you deserve them.

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger MWC said…

    CONGRATS! I am going to give you a run for your money next year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home